Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lotte Funzels (Chocolate)

Hey there! I don't usually review pocky or pocky look-alikes, but I think this one deserves it's own posting. 
I got this one at Cold Storage for RM 3.95, pretty cheap all things considered. Produced by Lotte, these pocky sticks feature a dipping of chocolate over a rather crunchy stick, which is typical for pocky type stuff. 

I did a quick taste comparison with the local variant of Glico's every popular pocky; Rocky (don't ask, its been named that as long as I can remember) and I find Funzels taste better in comparison. They're a wee bit thicker and the chocolate doesn't taste horribly cheap. The pretzel-sticks are also a tad bit saltier and since I like savoury stuff I found the combo quite enjoyable. I'm not sure if Funzels are easily found in most of the local supermarkets but I'd give it a go if you found some. All pocky aren't created equal ;)

Spire sez: I'm not sure if Funzels are easily found in most of the local supermarkets but I'd give it a go if you found some. All pocky certainly aren't created equal ;)

Spire's Ratings
Flavor: 4/5
Price: 5/5
DIY level: Nonexistant
Fun:  Nonexistant

No comments:

Post a Comment