Sunday, March 31, 2013

Snickers Pumpkin Halloween Candy

Oh look, two updates in the same month! Amazing!

This one was also on the backburner for quite a bit of time, being halloween candy and all. I picked this up for about RM 4.99 at Cold Storage during Halloween season last year (and that's when I ate it too, this isn't a few month old candy bar!)
In terms of size it's a little bit smaller than your average Snickers bar but it's thicker. It looked pretty promising because well, I'm more a fan of chocolate than I am of sweet candies and gummies so I decided to just gloss over those last year. That and I have to watch my health a little more so I get to be picky ;)
I was surprised by the level of detail on the chocolate. I'm quite used to seeing candies that look nothing like what's advertised on the wrapper; especially seasonal ones seem to suffer from that the most. Taste wise, its your regular old Snickers bar minus the wrinkles and the nuts. The chocolate tasted a little creamier than usual but it could just be my imagination.

Spire sez: If you like Snickers, you're getting the exact same thing here but in a slightly different package. It's also a fair bit more expensive but you're paying Halloween Candy prices so it's somewhat justified. I quite liked the fact that they didn't incorporate nuts in this iteration, and that the fillings were caramelly smooth. I hope they bring it back this year.

Spire's Ratings
Flavor: 4/5
Price: 4/5
DIY level: Nonexistant
Fun:  2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment