Friday, August 26, 2011

Fushigina Mizu Ame - Liquid Candy Kit

Spire here, and this is Fushigina Mizu Ame - or dang its a wizard, hey wait I think its a DIY kit, I hope I'm not wrong!

I got it at Empire Subang for about RM 4-ish and I have to say for its contents it was kinda a waste of money. Unless of course you fell into the 'hey it looks affordable' trap, but I digress.

Coris also makes a lot of these 'magical mixing kit' type candy so I assumed that it would be similar. Looking at it (I don't understand an ounce of Japanese, seriously) I though it had to do with some magically changing colours or SOMETHING because there was a wizard on the front.

So Sil and I opened up the box and we got three sachets of gooey liquid, a spatula and a rather large plastic mixing container which made me wonder what was so magical about this that it needed such a huge container.

Basically you get three extremely gooey syrup things inside. One is strawberry flavour, which is the sweetest smelling but sourest tasting, orange flavour which was kinda ok and soda/ramune flavour, which was the mildest and it was completely transparent, I would have mistaken it for glue had it not come with the kit.

I would have taken pictures of it but my fingers were so gummed up that it was near impossible. Also thanks to Akane for translating it for us, if not we'd never have figured out what the thing was supposed to do.

Apparently if you mix the different flavors together you get different tastes. And when/if you pour all of them together, you get a 'popular soda flavour' which basically means it tastes like sour Coke. And that was it. Really, that was it.

The overall taste wasn't too bad but I felt like I had downed a full cup of corn syrup or pure glucose, so I really wouldn't feed this to any of your kids if they're below 15, seriously. Its so messy you could use it as flypaper. Magnificent flypaper.

Silvy says: It's pretty much a no-brainer since you just gotta mix the sticky goo in the container given with the spatula. The fun comes when you start coming up with imaginative ideas on what to do with that sticky mess!


Spire's Ratings
Flavor: 4/5
Price: 3/5
DIY level: Non-existant
Fun: ???

Silvy's Ratings
Flavor: 4/5
Price: 3/5
DIY level: Superbly easy
Fun: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment